Seven scientific articles on topics in the area of materials are part of the latest volume of the Annals of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences (AABC). This is the result of the AABC call for articles in 2018, made in partnership with B-MRS, with the theme “Materials Sciences for a Better Future”. “This was a great opportunity to celebrate the success of materials research in Brazil,” says Professor Frank Crespilho, associate editor of AABC. To participate in the call, the authors submitted their work through the journal’s website at SciELO (an electronic library covering a selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals).
AABC publishes scientific articles from all fields of knowledge, and Materials Science and Technology works are welcome in all editions. AABC publications are free of cost to authors and open access. More information for authors can be found at http://www.scielo.br/revistas/aabc/iinstruc.htm.
According to the president of B-MRS, Professor Osvaldo Novais de Oliveira Junior, the growing importance of materials research has been revealed in major technological advances in all areas. In this context, B-MRS has played the role of bringing together students and researchers from Brazil, and their collaborators from other countries. “The partnership with the Brazilian Academy of Sciences is an important milestone of this performance of B-MRS, consolidated with this series of articles published in the Annals of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences,” says the president of B-MRS. “The quality of the articles and variety of topics in this edition of the Annals are representative of the strength of the materials research community in Brazil,” he adds.
Published articles can be accessed free of charge (open access) in volume 91, number 4 of the Annals of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences. Following is the list of articles on topics in the area of Materials published in this issue of the magazine:
- “Metallic Phthalocyanines: impact of the film deposition method on its supramolecular arrangement and sensor performance” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20181201.pdf
- “Materials from renewable resources: new properties and functions” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20181160.pdf
- “Proteins and Peptides at the Interfaces of Nanostructures” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20181236.pdf
- “Weathering Resistance of Waterborne Polyurethane Coatings Reinforced with Silica from Rice Husk Ash” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20181190.pdf
- “Hydrogen production from aqueous glycerol using titanate nanotubes decorated with Au nanoparticles as photocatalysts” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20190082.pdf
- “Dendritic Gold Nanoparticles Towards Transparent and Electroactive Electrodes” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20180817.pdf
- “Size and shape-controlled nanomaterials based on modified polyol and thermal decomposition approaches. A brief review” http://www.scielo.br/pdf/aabc/v91n4/0001-3765-aabc-91-04-e20181180.pdf