Sorry, this entry is only available in Brazilian Portuguese.
Students can apply for joining the AMASE Master Programme, which provides Erasmus Mundus scholarships for carrying out a two-year international Master in Advanced Materials Science and Engineering. The application for the intake 2021 is now open.
The Joint European Master Programme in Advanced Materials Science and Engineering (AMASE) is aimed at students who have already obtained their Bachelor in Materials Science, Materials Engineering or other related Engineering Sciences, as well as Physics, Chemistry or other Natural Sciences. The programme is carried out by:
- UdS – Universität des Saarlandes / Germany
- LTU – Luleå tekniska universitet / Sweden
- UL – Université de Lorraine / France
- UPC – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya Barcelonatech /Spain
- MUL – Montanuniversität Leoben / Austria
- UPD – Università degli Studi di Padua / Italy
Within AMASE, students spend the first year at one of the partner universities and the third semester at a Second University. In the fourth (last) semester the student writes the Master’ thesis either at the Second or the Entrance University.
Through this exchange of cultures, the student gains vast advantages on the academic labour market, profits from personal growth and learns at least one new language. A particularity of the AMASE programme is that students have to study in two different languages by selecting the corresponding university (Spanish at UPC, French at UL, German at UdS and English at LTU, MUL and UPD). Language courses, as well as training in intercultural communication and complementary skills, are provided during the course.
Participation costs for the programme are 1.500 € per semester for EU-students and 4.500 € per semester for Non-EU students. Basic health and social insurance is included in the fees. To support students, the European Commission provides Erasmus Mundus Programme scholarships for especially gifted and motivated students. These scholarships consist of 1.000 € monthly allowance, a contribution for travel costs and installation (depending on the country of origin); and covering of participation costs.
Deadline for applying for Erasmus Mundus financial contribution is 15th of February 2021 (15th of January for students starting at LTU).
For more information please check our website www.amase-master.net or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in our programme, you can apply for the scholarships and the study place through: https://amasemaster.net/application/SubmitAbstract.php
POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS (Four positions available) Center for Research in Optics and Photonics – CEPOF University of São Paulo Brazil
CEPOF is looking for excellent and motivated candidates of any nationality with experience in BIOPHOTONICS, in one or more topics of interest, as:
– Advances in Photodynamic Therapy
– Microorganisms control using photonic strategies
– Photoimunotherapy for targeting cancer and microorganisms
– New photosensitizers for PDT from natural molecules
– Organic synthesis and photocatalyzed reactions
– Digital agriculture (methods and sensors)
– Food safety using photonic techniques
– Quantum biophotonics
– Microscopy and spectroscopy techniques
– Optical instrumentation for medical devices
– Artificial intelligence, Imaging and data analysis
A full list of research projects can be found at http://cepof.ifsc.usp.br
The candidate will develop research in one of the laboratories of CEPOF.
The projects aim to investigate innovative aspects in Biophotonics for designing new optical applications and instrumentation in Life Sciences. We expect to generate new knowledge in the topics of interest.
The candidate must have obtained PhD degree in Physics, Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Computational Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or related areas, during the past 5 years.
Necessary documents (to be sent by email: email@example.com):
– Two recommendation letters
– CV with list of publications and expertise
– One-page letter of interest (the specific topic(s) of interest must be clear)
– Name and contact information of the providers of the recommendation letters.
Application deadline: October 10th, 2020
Candidates selection will be done by the faculties of the CEPOF.
Selected candidates are expected to start the postdoctoral fellow in January – February, 2021. The selected candidate will receive a Post-Doctoral fellowship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.