Sorry, this entry is only available in Brazilian Portuguese.
POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS (Four positions available) Center for Research in Optics and Photonics – CEPOF University of São Paulo Brazil
CEPOF is looking for excellent and motivated candidates of any nationality with experience in BIOPHOTONICS, in one or more topics of interest, as:
– Advances in Photodynamic Therapy
– Microorganisms control using photonic strategies
– Photoimunotherapy for targeting cancer and microorganisms
– New photosensitizers for PDT from natural molecules
– Organic synthesis and photocatalyzed reactions
– Digital agriculture (methods and sensors)
– Food safety using photonic techniques
– Quantum biophotonics
– Microscopy and spectroscopy techniques
– Optical instrumentation for medical devices
– Artificial intelligence, Imaging and data analysis
A full list of research projects can be found at http://cepof.ifsc.usp.br
The candidate will develop research in one of the laboratories of CEPOF.
The projects aim to investigate innovative aspects in Biophotonics for designing new optical applications and instrumentation in Life Sciences. We expect to generate new knowledge in the topics of interest.
The candidate must have obtained PhD degree in Physics, Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Computational Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or related areas, during the past 5 years.
Necessary documents (to be sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org):
– Two recommendation letters
– CV with list of publications and expertise
– One-page letter of interest (the specific topic(s) of interest must be clear)
– Name and contact information of the providers of the recommendation letters.
Application deadline: October 10th, 2020
Candidates selection will be done by the faculties of the CEPOF.
Selected candidates are expected to start the postdoctoral fellow in January – February, 2021. The selected candidate will receive a Post-Doctoral fellowship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
*Opportunity: the Laboratory of Nanostructured Materials for Environmental and Biological Analyses invites applications for a post-doctoral research fellowship funded by São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP: https://www.fapesp.br/en). This fellowship is linked to the Thematic Project “Toward a convergence of technologies: from sensing and biosensing to information visualization and machine learning for data analysis in clinical diagnosis” (FAPESP process number: 2018/22214-6).
*Supervisor: Carlos José Leopoldo Constantino (full professor).
*Institution: Department of Physics, São Paulo State University (UNESP), campus in the city of Presidente Prudente, São Paulo State, Brazil (https://www.international.unesp.br/).
*Fellowship components: it includes a monthly stipend (R$ 7,373.10) and research contingency funds (15 per cent of the annual value of the fellowship for using in activities developed by the Fellowship holder, strictly related to the fellowship research project).
*Duration of the post-doctoral fellowship: up to 48 months (starting: December/01/2020 or as soon as possible; ending: up to February/28/2025).
*More info/fellowship: https://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc
*Candidate requirements: she or he should have concluded the Ph.D. less than seven years before the beginning of the post-doctoral fellowship. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, materials science or related fields. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and excel in a highly collaborative research environment. In addition to the timely publication of research results in peer-reviewed journals, the responsibilities of the post-doctoral include drafting progress reports. The successful candidate will conduct research on: Detection of pesticides using surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) spectroscopy. Therefore, this research includes experimental activities using techniques such as:
(i) Synthesis of colloid of metallic nanoparticles applied as “SERS substrate”.
(ii) Characterizations of the “SERS substrates” through microscopy, UV-Vis extinction spectroscopy, zeta potential, and dynamic light scattering (DLS).
(iii) Micro-Raman and surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) spectroscopies.
(iv) Computational methods for data analysis.
*Deadline for application: October/13/2020.
*Application: interested individuals should send to email@example.com the following documents:
(i) CV with the list of publications.
(ii) Two letters of recommendation.
(iii) Work plan: 4-pages maximum with title, justification, objectives, and methodology.
Available facilities (basic):
We are organising a special issue for Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology (JCTB) (published by Wiley, Impact Factor = 2.75, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10974660). We would like to invite authors to submit contributions.
The theme of this special issue is Latest Development of Nanotechnology in Latin America. We would particularly encourage new academics for contribution as we aim to promote research works in nanotechnology with new ideas. Initially, we have set several key areas for the issue:
– Nanotechnology applied to sensors and biosensors
– Nanoparticles and its interactions with plants
– Risk assessment of nanomaterials
– Drug delivery systems
– Development of new functional organic, inorganic and hybrid materials
– Nanotechnology applied to gene transfer
– Molecular simulations in nanotechnology
– Bio-based nanomaterials aiming agriculture and environmental applications
– Magnetic nanomaterials and its applications
– Nanoparticles aiming topical applications
– Biomimetic silica nanoparticles
– Hybrid biofilms aiming for food applications.
We aim to set the deadline for December 31st and to publish the special issue online in 2021. JCTB does not impose publication charges but it provides open access options with a fee.
Once the invitation is accepted, please inform one of the Guest Editors prior to manuscript submission.
Submissions should follow the general guidelines for submitting an article to a Special Issue in JCTB:
- Authors should consult the author guidelines for details relating to formatting and article types. These can be found at:
- Authors should submit their papers using the manuscript submission system at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jctb-wiley and should mention the Special Issue in the cover letter.
- Authors must ensure they select “YES” when asked if their paper has been invited for a Special Issue during the submission process. They should also enter the name of the Special Issue in the field provided.
- Authors should suggest at least two referees for each paper with email contact information.
- Authors should submit their papers in the given time frame. Please contact the guest editor if you encounter any problems with meeting the submission due date.
- All papers will be subject to the journals usual, rigorous, peer review process and papers will be handled by an editor from the journal.
- If you would like your images to be considered for the cover, please email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org once your article has been accepted for publication.
If you have any further enquiry, please contact us.
Dr. Renata de Lima (University of Sorocaba, Brazil)
Dr. Leonardo F. Fraceto (UNESP, Brazil)
Dr. Humphrey H. P. Yiu (Heriot-Watt University, UK)