Bernhard Gross Award
(Established by B-MRS in honor of the pioneer of Brazilian Materials Research, it distinguishes the best oral and poster contributions of all symposia)
- Felipe Leon Nascimento Sousa (UFPE, Brazil). Ecofriendly aqueous electrosynthesis of AgInS2–ZnS quantum dots with high optical efficiency. Symposium
- Lucas Fabrício Bahia Nogueira (USP Ribeirão Preto, Brazil). Bioactive biopolymeric membranes reinforced with hydroxyapatite for tissue engineering application.
- João Saccoman (UNESP – Bauru, Brazil). Analysis of the optical emission lines from the plasma during the deposition of TiO2 for sputtering.
- Lukas Augusto de Lima Basilio (UFAM, Brazil). Hydrothermal synthesis of sodium titanate nanotubes for application in solid state electrolytes.
- Filipe Rogerio de Souza Quirino (UFPE, Brazil). The temperature dependence of saturation magnetization for yttrium iron garnet doped with Zn, Ni and Co.
ACS Publications Prizes for students
(Sponsored by the journals ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, ACS Applied Energy Materials, ACS Applied Nano Materials, ACS Applied Bio Materials, Nano Letters, ACS Nano, Chemistry of Materials, JACS and ACS Energy Letters).
ACS Publications Best Oral Presentation Prize
- João Batista Maia Rocha Neto (UNICAMP , Brazil). Chitosan/hyaluronan coatings tailored for tumor cell adhesion: influence of the topography and surface chemistry.
- Daniel Alves Heinze (UFABC, Brazil). Influence of Nanoparticles on the Electrical and Mechanical Properties of SEBS Block Copolymers.
- Samarah Vargas Harb (UNESP, Brazil). Self-healing PMMA-CeO2 coatings for anticorrosive protection of carbon steel.
ACS Publications Best Poster Prize
- Fabrício Benedito Destro (UFSCAR, Brazil). Number of grain in polycrystalline hematite modified with Sn: Its influence on electrical properties.
- Michele Duarte Tonet (UFSC, Brazil). Gold nanoparticles into a discotic liquid crystalline matrix.
- Jean Felipe Oliveira da Silva (UFPE, Brazil). Magnetic configurations and switching processes in cobalt ferromagnetic hollow nanospheres.
E-MRS Best Oral Presentation Award
(For the best oral presentation of the symposium G “Structural, optical and electronic properties of the metal-oxide nanostructures”)
- Everton Bonturim (Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Brazil). Low-energy polarization switching in La-doped BiFeO3 thin films.
IUMRS Best Poster Award
- Nazir Monteiro dos Santos (INPE, Brazil). DLC film deposition as protective coating of titanium alloy tibe using PIII&D system.
- Aline Alves dos Reis Almeida (UFMG, Brazil). Preparation and Characterization of P3HT/TiO2 Nanocomposites.
- Felipe Conceição dos Santos (Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Brazil). Phase transition on chemically exfoliated MoS2 nanosheets: electrocatalytic properties for energy application.
Challenge “Aerospace Materials and Manufacturing for the Next Century”
Winning solution: Aerospace Structures and Systems Inspired by Nature – lotus leaf.
Winning team members:
- Ana Paula Wünsh Boitt (UFSC, Brazil)
- Angélica Belchior Vital (UFRN, Brazil)
- Lázaro Aleixo dos Santos (UFRGS, Brazil)
- Priscila da Costa Gonçalves (UFSC, Brazil)
- Tahir Jankal (PUC-Rio, Brazil)
For the best oral presentation and the best poster of the meeting.
- Poster: Lucas Kling e Silva. “Magnetic characterization of steels AISI A 366, AISI S 235 and AISI 304 using Bitter tecnic ( Ferrofluid)”.
- Oral: Daniel Bahro. “Understanding The External Quantum Efficiency of Organic Homo-Tandem Solar Cells Utilizing a Three-Terminal Device Architecture”.
For the 3 best posters of the meeting.
- Gold prize: Leandro Merces (Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia). “Fabrication and characterization of CuPc molecular junctions: investigation of the contact configuration”.
- Silver prize: Edna Regina Spada (Instituto de Física de São Carlos). “Understanding light emission and reflection in spherical submicron mirrors arrays by confocal microscopy”.
- Bronze prize: Nagyla Alves de Oliveira (Instituto de Química – UNESP). “Low-temperature down-conversion luminescence behavior of nanosized phosphors with potential application in optical devices”.
BERNHARD GROSS AWARD
A recognition of SBPMat to the best oral and poster contributions of each symposium presented at the annual meeting of the society. The choice is made by a committee selected by the coordinators of each symposium. Bernhard Gross was one of the pioneers of Materials research in Brazil.
- Oral: Guilherme Monteiro Torelly. “Probing the deposition of ultra-thin InAs layers on GaAs and their evolution towards the nucleation of 3D InAs islands”.
- Poster: Raquel da Silva Brito. “Application of Natural Dyes of Brazilian Cerrado in the assembling Dye-sensitized solar cell”.
- Poster: Caio José Perecin. “Magnetite Nanoparticles Encapsulated with PCL and Poloxamer by Nano Spray Drying technique”.
- Poster: Aline Marques de Oliveira. “A Comparison Study on Nanomembranes for Oil Spill Clean-up Devices – The Tea-bag Like Configuration Case”.
- Oral: Victor Raúl Jauja Cana. “Development of electrochemical sensor of glassy carbon electrode modified with Hap-MWCNT composite by electrophoretic deposition for detection of trace cadmium”.
- Poster: Rebecca Faggion Albers. “Synthesis and characterization of graphene and graphene/nanoparticles composites obtained from graphene oxide reduction direct by the modified polyol process”.
- Oral: Eloísa Berbel Manaia. “ZnO/ZnS mixed structures obtained by sol-gel process”.
- Poster: Rodrigo Morais Menezes dos Santos. “XAS/WAXS in situ study of LDH thermal decomposition and recovery”.
- Poster: Ramón Raudel Peña Garcia. “Thickness effects in the properties of hexagonal array of nanosized Ni hollow-spheres”.
- Oral: Bruno M. Serafim. “Electrospinning activation of highly porous PMMA microfibers for diagnostic applications”.
- Poster: Fernanda Guerra Lima Medeiros Borsagli. “Effect of sugarcane bagasse composition in an array of pet in thermal morfology and mechanical evaluation for subsequent application as an insulator”.
- Oral: Lucas Pintol Nishikawa. “Quenching and Intercritical Tempering of Microalloyed Pipeline Steel”.
- Poster: Lucas Kling e Silva. “Magnetic characterization of steels AISI A 366, AISI S 235 and AISI 304 using Bitter technic (Ferrofluid)”.
- Oral: Elaine Cavalcanti Rodrigues Vaz. “Spectroscopic Characterization of Functionalized CNT as Nano-antennas in Light Conversion Nanostructured Devices”.
- Poster: Airton G. B. Junior. “Structural and optical properties optimization of Ba2SiO4:Eu3+(5%) red nanophosphor obtained via sol-gel route for white LED application”.
- Oral: Rafael dos Santos Carvalho. “Influence of intramolecular spin-orbit coupling on organic magnetoresistance effect”.
- Poster: Bruno Rostirolla. “P3HT:PCBM based metal-insulator -semiconductor capacitors under visible light stimulation”.
- Poster: Osmando Ferreira Lopes. “Controlled Synthesis of BiVO4 Photocatalysts: Evidence of the Role of Heterojunctions on their Photocatalytic Activity driven by Visible-Light”.
- Oral: Daniel Muniz Oliveira. “Obtainment and characterization of a new polymer formulation based on sodium alginate and fish scales suitable for extended release of herbicides”.
- Poster: Marco Antonio Voinarovicz. “Chemical Solution for Recycling of Long Life Packaging”.
- Oral: Ronaldo José Farias Corrêa do Amaral. “Platelet-rich plasma modulates mesenchymal stromal cells chondrogenesis in collagen-hyaluronic acid scaffolds according to concentration”.
- Poster: Andrei Sakai. “Tumorigenic cell membrane characterization trough nanostructured thin films: influence of the lipid composition upon biochemical signaling”.
- Poster: Isadora S. Deschamps. “Bioabsorbable scaffolds based on β-TCP and polymer used in oral implantology”.
- Oral: Maiara Emer. “Nanoparticle-bacteria interaction study based on surface functionalization of nanometric structures”.
- Poster: Geovânia Cordeiro Assis. “Polystyrene Nano-foams impregnated with SnO2 nanoparticles by TIPS: Application in heterogeneous photocatalysis”.
- Poster: Natália Noronha Ferreira. “pH-responsive alginate-based hydrogel for bevacizumab delivery system: rheological study”.
- Poster: Bruno Santos de Oliveira. “Enhancing Manufacturing Process of Template-Stripped Gold Pyramids for Near-Field Optical Microscopy”.
For the best oral presentation and 2 best posters of symposium C.
Best oral presentation: Monique Gomes Teixeira (Universidade Federal de São João Del Rei). “Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic application of ZnS nanocrystals”.
Best Poster, 1st position: José Antonio Souza (Universidade Federal do ABC). “ZnO microtubes decorated with nanowires”.
Best Poster, 2nd Position: Italo Odone Mazali (Universidade Estadual de Campinas). “Relation between the composition and the catalytic activity of the bimetallic noble metal nanoparticles with tunable compositions supported on organofunctionalized mesoporous silica”.