During the month of June, five technical webinars were held on the Zoom platform, with live transmission via B-MRS’s Facebook platform, within the Live & Webinars program, organized by B-MRS in partnership with instrumentation companies.
By the end of August, 12 more webinars will be offered. The program includes a variety of subjects, from fundamentals and applications of techniques widely used by the Materials research community, to the presentation of state-of-the-art research instruments and digital tools for teaching in the field of Materials.
The already held online seminars had audiences of up to 500 participants. “We are happy to see that many people, especially young people, are using this pandemic time to gain knowledge and for self-improvement,” says Professor Mônica Cotta, president of B-MRS, who has participated in all the seminars.
Programming, information and registration (free): https://www.sbpmat.org.br/en/lives-webinars/
Watch the past webinars recordings:
- “Micro-XRF aplicado a Ciências dos Materiais” (Essencis and Bruker). See here.
- “Microscopias FTIR, Raman e Eletrônica de Transmissão para Análise de Materiais” (Thermo Fisher). See here.
- “Técnicas de magnetometria para a pesquisa em nanopartículas magnéticas” (Quantum Design). See here.
- “3D optical profilometry for material science applications” (Sensofar and Analítica). See here.
- “Crossbeam laser – Enabling New Microscopy Workflows Through Gentle Large-Volume Material Removal” (Zeiss). See here.