The Journal of Alloys and Compounds (JALCOM) from Elsevier in cooperation with the Brazilian Materials Research Society (B-MRS) is pleased to invite researchers from Brazilian institutions to apply for The JALCOM Award.
The Journal of Alloys and Compounds is an international peer-reviewed medium that disseminates original work for the advance of the science of materials comprising compounds and alloys. Its great strength lies in the diversity of disciplines that the journal encompasses, drawing together results from materials science, physical metallurgy, solid-state chemistry, and condensed matter physics.
Achievement JALCOM Award. This JALCOM Award will be given to an Advanced Career Researcher (Researcher or Professor) who received his/her Ph.D. for at least 10 years.
Rising Star JALCOM Award. Two Rising Star JALCOM Awards will be given to Early Career Researchers who received their Ph.D. degree within the last 10 years.
For both awards, we will consider researchers who have contributed to the following fields that JALCOM covers:
- Energy conversion and storage
- Hydrogen production and storage materials
- Solar photocatalysis applications
- High entropy alloys
- Batteries and battery materials
- Metastable materials
- Magnetocaloric materials
How to apply
To apply for the Awards, interested researchers must submit the following documents, in English:
- A letter of up to 2 pages highlighting the main contributions to one or more fields of interest listed above.
- Submissions must also include a brief CV containing information considered important for the awards.
- Equity criteria: To promote equality between men and women in academic activities, we highly encourage female scientists to apply for the awards, and detailed information on each advent of offspring must be included in the proposal submission, in a separate document, called “Equity Document”.
Participants should send the documents to email@example.com.
Deadline: the deadline for the nomination is August 15th, 2023.
1) Advanced Career Researchers: An award certificate, and a cash prize of US$1,000.00.
2) Early Career Researchers: An award certificate, and a cash prize of US$500.00 for each award.
A selection committee will be assembled to nominate the awards winners.
The award winners will be announced at the XXI B-MRS meeting closing ceremony. The presence of the winner at the meeting is not mandatory for receiving the prize.
Researchers do not need to have published in JALCOM to be nominated. However, they may be invited to contribute with a research/perspective/review paper to the journal.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.